On July 25th we were fortunate enough here at Become a Reality Star to have an exclusive interview with the beautiful and talented Nicole Murphy. Whether she is designing for her new clothing line, filming her hit VH1 reality show Hollwood Exes or taking care of her children, Nicole proves to be an inspiration to all women.
How has reality tv/ becoming a reality star affected your life?
I’d say that I’m generally a private person so opening up and letting the world see me and get to know me as who I am has been a big adjustment. There are some personal problems that I might not want people to know – but now they do – and surprisingly, the response and feedback have been so supportive.
What is the most positive thing to have come out of sharing your life on reality tv?
Regardless of whatever challenge you’re facing, there’s incredible strength and solace in knowing that someone else has been there or is going through the same crisis – that you’re not the only one. Maybe someone can benefit from the lessons I’ve learned. Also, it’s important to show women that there is life after divorce – a very good life. No one plans for divorce but if it’s unavoidable and in the best interest of all, then move on. You can still go after your dreams.
Any funny behind the scenes moments from Hollywood Exes that you want to share with your fans?
Oh where do I start?! I’ve seen Jessica climb a tree and she wanted me to climb it with her. There have been a lot of funny moments. Some I may have to keep to myself …LOL!!!
Did you always know you wanted to be a model and how were you discovered?
No. I really didn’t know I was going be a model – it just went that way for me. I was just 13 years old when I (begrudgingly) entered a teen contest and was the 1st runner up. Then at 15, I entered another contest in NY called the ITMSA contest. I won that contest and was awarded a Ford modeling contract. I immediately went off to Europe and worked with some of the greatest fashion houses like Chanel, Valentino and Yves Saint Laurent.
When will we be able to shop your collection on the Open Hours website?
This weekend! We’re launching with a tight pre-Fall collection then Fall 2012 will be available in about a month. Starting Open Hours (www.openhoursstyle.com) has been such an incredible outlet for the fashionista in me. I’ve been fortunate enough to have been exposed to many different countries, cultures and climates. Blend all that with my casually glam California roots and you have a very wearable, versatile, and chic line of timeless clothes.
What are your 5 summer fashion essentials (clothing to cosmetics)?
- Sunnies. True to the Californian that I am, I always have a pair of shades in my purse. I MUST… have this pair of Louis Vuitton with me at all times.
- Lip gloss. A girl can never have too many glosses, sticks, balms, stains, etc. for the lips. On current rotation? Glitz by ARTISTRY.
- Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. Just because you’re wearing flats doesn’t mean you have to wear rubber flip flops. These are like candy for the feet - a must have in every summer wardrobe.
- Tees, tees, tees. I’d be remiss not to mention my own Open Hours Sadie tee! It’s the perfect deep V with a body that is just slim enough to show off your curves without being too tight. Sometimes, I wear the next size up for a sexy “boyfriend” fit (not that my fiance would ever fit any size of this tee!). Casual and sexy.
- Hublot watch. Gotta know what time it is! Fly and functional.
Photo Credit: Nicole Murphy’s iPhone